IMPORTANT: Before you begin, read the following:
- This online course fulfills the 45-hour training required by Texas DPS for Level-III Commissioned Officers (Armed Security).
- A firearm qualification is required once this course is completed (more instructions below).
- You have 90 days to complete this course and submit a certificate to the state.
- Make sure you have provided accurate contact information in case we need to contact you for an issue.
- A minimum score of 75% is required to pass this online course.
- Once you pass, we will email your PSP-30 certificate to you to submit to DPS.
- Once you receive your certificate, bring it with you to your firearm proficiency. A list of training schools providing this qualification may be found on the Texas DPS-PSB site under Training Schools: https://tops.portal.texas.gov/psp-self-service/search/index
- Once you have your certificate completed with a signature from the firearm instructor, you may begin the registration process here: https://tops.portal.texas.gov/psp-self-service/login/auth
If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, call Tactical Systems Network’s Training Academy (817.332.9944), and we can handle your qualification. Call us for fees and scheduling. We offer discounted rates to those who have taken our online course.